Friday, May 27, 2011

The Final Blog

This semester I've read around 2000 pages. A few books I skimmed more than read, but there were some that I read every word. My favorite book this semester was definitely Memoirs of a Geisha. It's about the struggle of a young girl who's family sells her to an okiya where she is forced to become a geisha. The movie is almost as good as the book. It won best picture a few years ago along with many other awards.

Often, I would sit down to read on a "thrown" I've made for myself on my couch after school. Sometimes I'd fall asleep immediately after I begin reading. I can only listen to music while I read. If any other noise interrupts me, I can't concentrate. Anyways, if I stayed awake and the book interested me I would read for a couple hours, usually getting past the week's required 150 pages. I didn't like how I had to split these up. I would read everything in one day and write the summary sporadically as the week went on.

As for poetry, I understand that some people cannot get enough, but I can't stand it. I always feel like it's people writing illogically and the public making their own interpretations and praising the writer for their "art". I struggled with the analyses we had to do. I think this is because I'm good with logic and reasoning which most poetry doesn't contain. However, I will give some poems credit for being interesting and with a deep meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment